Thursday, June 25, 2009

6 Months Old!!!!





I cannot believe it.....the babies are six months old this week!!! They are growing up so fast. Gamma and I took them to see the doctor for their 6 month checkup. The babies did great! And I believe the doctor was a little impressed at how well they're doing.
Now....all the information I know everyone is wanting to know:
Mollie: weight - 16 lbs. height - 26". This is in the 50th percentile of full-term babies
Elise: weight - 16 lbs. 14 oz height - 26 1/4". This is in the 70-75 percentile.
Preston: weight - 17 lbs. 3 oz (50% for boys) height - 27" which is 75th percentile
I'm very proud of these little ones!! They are not only on track for their height and weight, but also for their development as well.
Mollie can rollover (alot....even in her sleep) both ways. She's getting to the point where she's about to start crawling. She grabs any object within her reach and passes it from hand to hand. She's very observant of what's going on around her. Mollie is very independent. I believe she's going to be the baby that wants to know why things work the way they do and wants you to tell her everything. She's not fond of taking naps; although she does take both naps during the day. And she is just one happy baby. You'll see in the photos to come that she's smiling in just about every one.
Elise can raise her chest off the floor. She's just about to rollover, but ends up back on her tummy or her back (wherever she started from). This week she started reaching for objects. She LOVES to suck her two fingers on her left hand (the index and middle finger). And she squeals with delight almost all the time. She loves to cuddle and gaze in your eyes. Even though she doesn't always smile in pictures, she likes to smile at you when you hold her.
And then there's Preston. He can now raise his chest off the floor for a very short time. He only rolls over to his side from his back. He's almost on his tummy, but then just stops and watches everything going on around him. He's been reaching for objects for about two weeks now. And he's VERY laid back. Oh my goodness!!! Sometimes I wonder if I even have a third child. He still likes to talk to me, but only when he knows I'll be listening. Otherwise, he's quiet. And his smile....he melts my heart all the time. He is the only one that has laughed out loud. He's very ticklish right under his chin and on his chest. Daddy found those spots one day. In fact, below is a video of him laughing from a couple of weeks ago:
I know alot of people will say I'm biased, but I have the best babies in the world!! They are mild mannered (most of the time). They are so happy!!! (Unless it's 15 minutes before the last meal...then it's all out war!). I had a few people ask me if they ever cry. Well....not a lot, but they are babies!
Once again, I'm overwhelmed at how God has chosen to bless Bronson and I with triplets. It amazes me that after all these years God remembered me. He heard my heart's cry. He knew all I ever really wanted was to be a mom. I never really cared about climbing any corporate ladder or fulfilling a dream career. My career is Motherhood. And I am so proud to be living it out......to the fullest!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks so much for sharing ~ they are growing so fast and are so adorable! You are blessed!