Monday, July 20, 2009

NO MORE MONITORS!!!

Look Mom.....no wires!!! Yes....it has finally come to pass that the doctor sent in for the discontinuance of the apnea monitors. I thought it would NEVER happen! Poor babies have been on those things since they've been home late January.

I can't tell you how happy I am!!! Of course in the beginning, I wanted those babies monitored. I was so concerned that one of them would stop breathing or their heart would stop. But as time went on and they have proven that they're healthy, it's been somewhat of a thorn in my side. But what really scared me is Mollie. Since she has been rolling over a lot in her sleep, she has entangled herself with the thick, gray wire that is connected to the actual monitor that the "leads" plug into. A few times I have woken up to her struggling....only to find the cord wrapped around her throat!!! Most of the time, it's around her abdomen several times (like this morning!). I wouldn't be surprised if the pediatrician just got tired of me begging him to take them off. Either way, I'm one happy Momma!!!

Here's Mollie holding onto her belt with "leads". The belt would go around their chest and the wires coming down is what monitored their breathing and their heart rate. Recently, we've had to tighten the belt (fastened with velcro) so tight that Elise could barely breathe!

Here's our Little Elise with her belt. After these pictures were taken, we had them "throw away" the belts. I'm sure Elise breathed a sigh of relief when she realized that Daddy wasn't going to put that thing back on her after her bath!!!
Once again, thank you for all of your prayers. We are very grateful to be moving on from this season!!!!

2 comments:

Bobbie Williams - Mompreneur said...

That is such an awesome thing to hear Jen! The babies are growing so beautifully. God is SO GOOD!!

-- Bobbie

Anonymous said...

I love how fat and squishy they are! Just beautiful!!!