Wednesday, December 23, 2009

One Year Ago Today.....

I got a call at 11:00 am from Dr. G. My test results came back and it was time. Time to have the babies. He told me they would be delivered by 3:30 pm that day. I was NOT ready! Especially with the babies being exactly 2 months premature. It just so happens that on that Tuesday, I was exactly 32 weeks pregnant. Scary! I called one person.....Bronson. In half an hour, we were on our way to the hospital. After checking in, we were waiting on the bench (see above) nervously. I think we were both about to pass out from anxiety. By 3:41, 3:42 and 3:43 pm, we had an instant family!!!


What a year it has been! It's been rough, but surprisingly easier than what I thought it would be. It's been fun so far.....but difficult; happy, but sad; exciting...yet mundane. I know this doesn't make sense, but it's been everything and in between. We've had some really tough times, but really easy times. After the initial 2 1/2 months, I finally was on my own. I didn't realize then that I should have kept my "help" as long as they (the mommas) were willing to stay! But nevertheless, I needed to jump out of the nest and do it myself. And all the things I did! Who would deliberately go grocery shopping (for two weeks worth of groceries) by themself with 3 babies and make it look effortless??? Of course no one saw how long it took me to get ready to go and how much work it was when I got home. Would I dare venture that again now.....no way! It's a little different as they get older. There were days when I felt that our lives were so monotonous I thought I would do anything to have something different happen. Then there were days that everything was changing so fast I thought I would lose their "babyness" too soon.



I didn't think it was going to be like this. And this, I mean....wonderful, exciting, exhausting, aggravating, heartstopping, heartmelting rollercoaster!!! I'm up, then down, side to side and sometimes, I'm thrown a loop or two. And with all of that, I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm excited to see what the next year holds for us......I'm sure a whole new adventure!!!



Although we're having their party on January 2nd, I couldn't help but give them a little "taste" of what's to come. Enjoy the video.....

(Okay....I've been trying to upload this video for a week now - it's 1/8/10. I can't wait any longer! So no video....sorry).



No comments: