Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Valentine's Day!!!

I know Valentine's Day has already passed. However, I wanted to share our Valentine's Day with you. Unfortunately, our computer has not been very cooperative.....so I'm delayed in getting posts up on the blog (finally it's not me just procrastinating!).

I wanted to do something special for the kids this Valentine's Day. I wouldn't consider this a holiday; however, when you're a stay-at-home mom and there's an opportunity to do something neat for day, you grab it with all your might!!




We all started off with heart-shaped pancakes. Definitely different for my kiddos. They loved it!








And although they're great eaters, this made it so much easier for them to focus on breakfast so we could move on with our day!




Not only were our pancakes a different shap, we got to eat on our special Valentine's plateware and drink out of our cool heart cup!






Preston was such a good sport with all the pink. Maybe next year I can find some blue hearts or something a little more masculine.







After breakfast, we headed to 24 Hour Fitness and handed out all of our Valentine's treats to our teachers and friends. As much as I wanted to stay and take my class, we had to go off to my weekly Bible study at church. We handed out the rest of our Valentine's to all the kids in the class.



After my Bible study, I received a call from a dear friend, Cindy, asking if we would like to join her for lunch. It was such a nice surprise! So the kids and I headed over to CiCi's (very kid friendly) and had a great time with Cindy!!

Afterward, we were homebound and I allowed the kids to watch a movie and have their suckers from the leftover Valentine's. Needless to say, it was an early dinner and bedtime for the three. Bronson and I enjoyed a quiet evening to ourselves. It was a great Valentine's Day!

No comments: