Friday, April 3, 2009

ROUTINE, ROUTINE, ROUTINE!!!!







Some of you have asked what it's like to be a stay-at-home mom with triplets and how do I get through each day. Well.....let me tell you!
Of course when you have just one baby....it's all about routine. Babies thrive on it....which I'm sure most of you already know that.
First things first: All of them wake up at 4am for their first feeding. Although, Mollie has been waking up around 3:30 am lately. I don't know what that's about. But it does give me some alone time with her. Once all of them have been fed and burped, they go back to bed immediately (no playtime or "waketime").
We then wake up for the 8:00 am feeding. After this feeding....they all get a bath. Not at the same time of course. I begin bathing each one at 9:30 am. By the time I'm done with all three....it's nap time. They go down for a nap at 10:00 am. I try to keep them asleep or staying in their crib (even if they're awake) until around 11:45 am or 12. During this naptime is when I get dressed, do some household chores and eat breakfast.
Then it's time to feed again. After this feeding, we have playtime on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and sometimes Friday. On Wednesdays and some Fridays, it's errand day. Yes, I take all of them with me to the store, the post office, wherever I need to go that day. It's not that hard believe it or not. On the days that we have playtime, I put them on their tummies. Sometimes we do a rotation where one child gets the swing, one is in their chair and the other is under the floor gym. This goes on until around 2 pm when again, it's naptime. I will either put them back in their bed or they just sleep in their bouncies from 2pm to 4pm. During this time, I will do my workout, visit with Stacy that comes over at 2, or do household chores.
Four o'clock is feedtime again. After this feeding, it gets a little tricky. My goal is to keep them awake until the 8pm feeding. It's extremely hard. They are asleep sometimes when Daddy gets home. Then they wake up about 7pm cranky until they eat again. I'm thinking we may need to begin feeding them earlier and put them to bed earlier. Maybe we'll try that soon.
At 8pm, it takes more time to feed. This is where Bronson helps me. They finally go to bed at 9:30pm and don't wake up until 4am!!! I'm loving that. I try to get in bed between 10 and 10:30pm. That way, I can get a good 5 to 5 1/2 hours of sleep.
That's it! Everyday is the same....except for the weekends. I try to keep them on a schedule on Saturdays and Sundays, but that's a challenge. I hope this answers your curiosity.

2 comments:

Jason and Vanessa said...

They are so cute and have already grown so much. I saw this stroller and though of you guys. http://www.abcbuggy.co.nz/

Vanessa

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer & Bronson & Triplets,

I cannot believe how big this angels are getting, you certainly are doing a FINE job with each of them. God Bless you all and I look forward to more updates.

From
Debz (work with Bronson)