Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Big Girls and Boy!!!

Last month we experienced a lot of different changes. One of them being....toddler beds!!! Well, only for the girls. Preston can't quite crawl in and out of his crib...so we thought it would be easier on me to leave him in his crib until we knew for sure he was ready for the toddler bed (and we could train the girls to stay in their's).

Mollie and Elise both were SO excited to see their new "big girl" beds (as they call it). And like all toddlers of this wonderful age do, they climbed in and out, jumped up and down, threw everything out and then back in the bed. Pure chaos for the first week or so!

It's interesting to see how well we've trained them on their sleep habits. So far, they don't dare get out of their beds in the evening. They know it's time for sleep and they normally don't play. On the other hand, naptime has become somewhat of a novelty. It has gotten to the point of me sitting in the room, by the door for about 20 to 30 minutes waiting on them to go to sleep. At first I viewed it as a little bit of an inconvenience for me. It takes away precious "Mommy Time" of which I utilize to clean, work on my quilt, read my book, etc. (you get the picture). But now, I've realized this time can be used for reading my emails, reviewing my calendar, write out a grocery list...pretty much anything that doesn't cause a lot of distraction and I can do sitting down in their room.





Bless Preston's little heart! He loves the girls' beds and I know he wants his changed too. But right now, I can't imagine having to sit between both of their rooms, trying to watch all three. I know it's coming.....I'm just trying to slow it down a bit.




Not only did we change the beds....we changed the swings! They finally got comfortable enough to allow me to swing them on the "big kids' swings". For over two years now, we've had the baby/toddler swings. It was a hassle for Bronson and I to pick them up and put them in and then of course when they were done, we had to pull them out. Now, they just get on the swings themselves, and then call out to me to come swing them! They haven't quite figured out the "pumping" technique of swinging. But I'm showing them as quick as I can!!


Seems like every day there is something new for them and for me to experience (them experiencing the world and me experiencing them). I'm enjoying them so much! Once again, God knew what He was doing giving Bronson and me three at a time....but much later in life. We both take the time to teach and train them in everything we possibly can (and as much as their little minds can understand). They are our little world. We can't imagine anything different.

No comments: