Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Six Week Update on Elise

Elise had a follow up visit with her cardiologist on August 16th (I know, I'm a little late). The appointment was to find out if the device had moved, if there were any concerns I had, and just to review Elise's overall condition. She had an EKG, as well as an ECHO. No murmur was found and everything was awesome!!! Although I knew in my heart the report already, it was nice to hear it confirmed.

The appointment went well; however, the timing was a huge ordeal. Usually I leave Mollie and Preston at home while Elise and I go alone. This time, I thought it would be fun for Mollie and Preston to go with us (and I would get to spend more time with my mom). Of course the one time I decide to have them tag along, the doctor's office was backed up!! It normally takes us exactly an hour to wait, see him and leave. It was THREE hours this time! And on top of the wait, he wanted Elise to have an X-ray (just in case). That took another half hour. Despite the craziness of roaming the huge hospital (almost getting lost)...two hours late for lunch...and no nap, the kids did amazing!!

As if I didn't have enough going on already, I thought going to the McDonald's at the Museum of Natural Science would be a good idea. What was I thinking??? The kids were okay with looking at the butterflies from the outside (instead of going into the exhibit). Everything else was seen the same way....from the outside. But at least I know where to take them when everyone else is back at school!

Overall, it was a good, but hectic day. Of course it was.....Elise is better than ever!


No comments: