Thursday, December 29, 2011

3rd Year Check Up!!!

It's that time of year again where not only do we celebrate Christmas and birthdays, but we also find out how well the kiddos are doing developmentally both physically and intellectually.

The morning started off with a bang! I'm very surprised at myself that I'm actually going to admit this (especially on here)...but we almost missed the triplets' appointment! For some reason, I kept telling myself that I scheduled it on Friday when all the while, it was scheduled today. It was on my phone calendar. It even chimed at me yesterday and this morning!! Go figure. We got there in the nick of time and was able to keep the appointment (thank God!).

Bronson has off this week so he was there to experience this neat little milestone we have every year. It was so nice to have him with me.
As always, Mollie was first. If you haven't noticed yet, I do EVERYTHING in birth order. It's easier that way (for me). Mollie did very well. Although, once we weighed everyone and recorded their height, she knew what was coming. Once we put her on the cot, she was frowning and not happy at all. But she took the shots like a champ and barely even cried. She did surprise us both on her height. She's in the 70th percentile (taller than Elise). Her weight is in the 51th percentile.

Next was Elise. We decided to keep all three of them in the same room while the others were being examined and given shots. Probably not a great idea for most people; however, it worked for us. It was originally Bronson's idea. And when the other two witnessed the one getting shots, they didn't scream or get upset. All that was said was, "They got a shot....now it's my turn". Elise did wiggle before hand. She tried to loose her way out of my arms. But after a little "talk" I had with her (basically letting her know that she's going to get it...it's going to hurt...but it will be quick), she was okay. And just like Mollie, took both her shots like a champ. Elise is in the 51th percentile in her height and 75th percentile in her weight. Interesting since she's the pickiest eater.

And last, but certainly not least, there's Preston. Such a sweet boy. By this time, he had already seen both his sisters cry out in pain (but mostly fear) of the shots, so he was prepared. He barely cried out. And ended up laughing nervously.....just like his Momma. I always laugh in awkward or painful moments. I guess it's my release. Apparently, it's Preston's as well. I was shocked that he was only in the 27th percentile for his height. That does not make sense to me as I think of him of being tall. But then again, I am comparing him to the two children he's with all the time....his sisters. His weight did not surprise me at all. He's very skinny (and eats like a horse!). His weight is in the 50th percentile.

As for intellectually, the doctor seemed very pleased with all they were able to do. In fact, he said, "You're just the little 1st grade teacher, huh?" I took it as a compliment.


Daddy thought it would be a great idea to take the little champs to eat donuts afterward. They were such good little troopers that they deserved a small treat. We then took them home and had them ride on their tricycles for over an hour! We needed something for them to exhaust all that energy!! Needless to say, they slept soundly during the nap and Mommy and Daddy got the rest they needed as well. We made it another year!!!

No comments: