Friday, December 23, 2011

And the three turned three!!!

What a fun-filled, special day we had on our 3rd Birthday!!!! Anyone that knows me knows that I LOVE birthdays!! I love celebrating them, I love decorating for them, and most of all, I love planning them!!! So, of course, for the triplets' 3rd birthday I was going to go all out. But not too much. Their actual birthday party is not until January, so I didn't want to overload them. That morning, when the kids came downstairs, they got to see that I had put balloons on their chairs and cooked them their favorite breakfast....pancakes, eggs, and bacon.

Instead of the usual syrup, we put whipped cream on their pancakes. Very nice surprise for them. They never had whipped cream, so it was something new that they thoroughly enjoyed!



Here's Elise enjoying her Birthday breakfast.


Preston wanted more (of course).

Another surprise was that my Aunt Becky came in from San Angelo, along with my Mommy, to visit them on their special day!!! I call her BB (since I could talk) and they call her Konka (her grandchildren's special name for her....but we couldn't let it stop there!). The kids were extremely excited.....especially Mollie. She was overcome with Konka. And for anyone that knows Mollie, that is rare. She couldn't get enough of her Great Aunt.


And the surprises just kept coming. Mom, or GaGa (what the trips call her), took all of us out to Pappasito's!! Yay! The kids were sung to and were given a HUGE chocolate sundae (I almost had a heart attack at the sight of all the SUGAR!!!).


But they enjoyed it immensely (duh!).


So I did let this one time slip....it was their special day. And to top it off, my nephew and niece, along with her husband and baby joined us! My niece now lives in El Paso, so this was a huge treat for me!! And my little great nephew is so adorable!! The kids knew him right away from all the videos they watched of him. (Gotta love technology!)



All in all it was a great time spent with family. I'm so thankful we got to see my Aunt BB and my niece, Paige, her husband, Joe and son, Ayden. I always love seeing my nephew, Tyler. He's such a joy to be around.


There's nothing like family!! And I know the kiddos had an awesome time! All day long they were singing Happy Birthday to one another (and to Jesus!!!).


Once we got home and settled down, friends of ours came over and brought them gifts for their birthday. The trips adore Taylor, Colby and Haley! And from not being able to see each other for quite some time due to conflicting schedules, you can imagine how happy they were when they came through the door. It was a perfect ending to a perfect day! Thank you to everyone who made it special for them.

No comments: