Saturday, May 2, 2009

Our Little Elise












Well...I wouldn't say she's little anymore! Weighing in at 13 lbs. 8 oz.; she now weighs more than her big sister!!! Her height is 23". Her weight is in the 50th percentile and her height is in the 10th percentile for full term babies.

Oh Elise.....our baby girl! She's always been the "delicate" one. Although she did have an issue with her heart, Bronson and I did not show favoritism toward her or treat her differently. After all, they're all our favorite! After a while of having her home, she seemed to be so fussy. At first we started calling her our fussbucket. When we realized that we were speaking this into her life, we changed our perspective. We then called her our good baby...a baby that wants to please her mommy and daddy. Sure enough, the fussiness has subsided and she's all coos and smiles! If you have been following us and seen all the pics of the babies, you would always notice that Elise rarely smiles. Well, just look at the picture above! There are only certain times when she cries....mainly when she's extremely hungry. This girl can eat all the time! Only a few hours can go by and she's ready for a full bottle!! It's crazy! She lets the whole neighborhood know she's ready to eat!

Elise is definitely one of a kind! She keeps Bronson and I cracking up all the time. I recall one of my friends saying she could always tell which one was Elise because of her "goofy" look in all the pics. That is so true! Her personality is goofy. And she loves when you mimic her. We'll hold her facing us and just stare at her. She'll stare right back at us with a slight smile and will start to coo and make noise. We repeat what she "says" and watch her get so tickled by it. It's so much fun!

Her crying has become less....but sometimes when I'm changing her diaper and she's not that happy about it, she'll start yelling and then stop abruptly. She'll glance up at me to see what I'll do. I tell her that we don't tolerate crying/yelling babies. Then she'll smile at me. I think she's already "testing" us to see if we'll follow through what we say we'll do. She's a smart little baby.

Elise has got this new thing she does with her bib. Now that she can grab things, she'll grab her bib, pull it over her face and then start squealing. I pull her bib back down and tell her we're all right here. She then voices a little "ha!". Just like the middle child in my family....she's going to be the clown.

She still hasn't figured out the camera thing yet. When I point it at her, she's inquisitive. But give her time....if she's anything like her momma, she'll start posing and smiling.

I call Elise my "bonus baby". I prayed for a boy/girl twin and ended up with triplets. She's my bonus that God gave me so I could stay home with them. I couldn't imagine my life without her. She brings joy to my heart and fills my day with laughter. She is my "Little Elise".

*She also sucks her left hand. Looks like we might have all lefties!!! Wouldn't that be so cool?

No comments: