Thursday, October 8, 2009

Feeding Time at the Burchams





I thought I would let you in on a little video of the trips' feeding time (below). For the most part, they do very well. It's so cute to see how they each have their own "personality" and "reaction" to eating. Mollie usually "dances" after she gets a bite. But once she's done or really tired....that's it. No more. She will let you know in more ways than one that she's finished.
Elise is sometimes patient, but most of the time.....she's just really hungry. She's a great eater. She eats ANYTHING! But when I have to give Mollie and/or Preston a bite.....she'll either cry out or whine until it's her turn. You'll hear her in the video.
And Preston is a hit or miss kind of eater. Some days he'll do really well. And other days, well, let's just say he's a little distracted. Bronson and I will either have to hold his head up because his chin is touching his chest. Or we have to call his name several times because he's looking everywhere but at you. He'll also "clear" his throat several times. I think he thinks that's funny. Then other times.....he's great. He'll look right at you, take his bite and says "Mm-Mm". Sometimes I have to watch it with him. If I look at him a certain way.....he gets to giggling and all the food just spills out of his mouth.

It's quite entertaining. I do have a lot of fun with them. The key to not getting frustrated is not to have an agenda or a deadline to be somewhere. That's pretty much how I get through most of my days.


1 comment:

Stacy said...

That's awesome! You do the same thing Bill did when feeding the babies. He couldn't do it without opening and closing his mouth at the same time. So cute!