Friday, September 10, 2010

Catching Up - June

We had our share of excitement in June as well. We bought our first "new-to-us" family van! I don't know how many times I said it in the past, but I thought I would NEVER buy a minivan!!! Guess what? Never say never.

After looking at countless vehicles that would suit our needs, a minivan was the only practical solution. Because SUV's take up more room, use more gas, and their doors open instead of slide, we decided that would not be the best vehicle for us. We needed something that would seat at least 7 passengers, have fold down chairs (captains chairs as a second row and bench as a third), plenty of cargo space, and a few bells and whistles (tv/dvd player, leather seating, low mileage). It wasn't until several weeks of searching that my father-in-law found the van that was meant for me (specifically me).
Although I had been looking at white, gray, or black vehicles....I settled for fiery red! It just suited me best. I thought, "If I'm going to drive a minivan.....I might as well be flashy!"
I have to say, it's the best vehicle I have ever owned (and that's including my Mustang). I do miss my little sports car, but this is just so much better!!! More than I could have ever asked for, it has all the bells and whistles....and then some. God truly does go beyond all that we ask for. And the best part is....the babies LOVE it!

No comments: