Sunday, June 19, 2011

An Ode to My Husband

It being Father's Day, I found it very appropriate to "give props" to my husband, the triplets' father.

You've heard it said that anyone can be a father, but it takes a real man to be a Daddy. Daddies participate in every area of their children's lives. They put their own hopes and dreams on hold while they help fulfill their kids'. Daddies not only exist in the home, but they influence; they embrace; they help mold their children into what they will become. And although they're only 2 years old.....the triplets' Daddy is doing just that.

Bronson was thrown into unknown territory (Fatherhood) at an unbelievable level. He didn't get to ease into his role like most fathers. No, he was catapulted into it! Going from no babies to three in 3 minutes.

The first year he did great! I never had to ask him to change a diaper, feed a baby, entertain another....he just did it. Sure he had some difficulty getting to a comfort zone (changing a preemie's diaper is more challenging than it may seem)....but he got there. That's what counts. After the first year, we both had time to relax a little as everything started slowing down a bit. But as much as it slowed down, it proved to be a difficult time for both of us....but we pushed through and he stood by me, supporting me and always loving our kids.


Now he is Daddy of The YEAR! This husband of mine throws himself into his very demanding role in fatherhood. You will always find him playing and wrestling with the kids. After a long day at work, he comes home to bathe them, brush their teeth and get them ready for bed. And he always says "yes" to another bedtime story.


Being married to me is no piece of cake either. I'm very energetic and always want to take the babies somewhere or do something special with them. I'm constantly finding activities for us to do. Most Daddies would frown at the idea of packing up three toddlers (not to mention getting them ready as well as all their paraphernalia). But Bronson never does. His answer is "Okay....let's go". We rarely turn down an opportunity for the kids to experience new things. On top of that, he's always smiling showing our babies that he loves them and he enjoys spending time with them. No wonder when he walks through the door every evening they run to him and cling to his arms and legs!!!


I'm so thankful to have him as my husband. But I'm even more grateful for him as the Daddy of our children. I honestly cannot find another man that I would want to share this extraordinary journey with. He's an amazing Daddy. And even more so, he's an amazing man.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He needs to start giving lessons, I know some daddies that need it. (Not mine) -Amber J.

Gina said...

That's awesome Jennifer! the trips will always remember how hands on Bronson was when they were growing up.