Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Visit With Elmo!!!

Yay! It finally happened.....we got to see Elmo! The Chick-Fil-A near our home had Elmo stop by for the evening on Tuesday, June 21st. So I thought it would be a perfect time to have the kids meet him (especially since they're getting more comfortable around big characters). It was hilarious! We were sitting there eating (got there before Elmo showed up) and Elise saw him when he walked in. She started screaming, "Mommy, there's Elmo! Look! He's here!" The area we were sitting in was tucked away in the back, so when he kept going (what looked like to the cashier), she then started screaming, "Where is he going?" And without skipping a beat, Preston answered her, "He's going to eat, Elise!" So adorable!

Mollie was such an Elmo HOG! Oh my goodness!! She wouldn't leave the poor Elmo alone. She was constantly climbing up him, hugging him, kissing him, etc. Apparently he/she liked it. After a while, Elmo would pick her up and give her a big hug. He had her sit on his lap, give him "high 5's", and just snuggle with her. It became a little difficult when more and more children demanded his attention. But Mollie was a good sport and stepped back for them to have the fun as well

If anyone knows anything about Elise it's that she is Elmo's biggest fan in the whole wide world! She has about 5 or 6 Elmos that she carries with her just about everywhere. She would have more if we purchased them....but Bronson and I had a limit. She's always talking about him and to him as well. It's hysterical! She was really tender hearted toward him that evening. All she wanted to do was hug him and crawl up in his lap. She wasn't interested in playing with him at all. It was so sweet! But that's how Elise is.....very sweet!


I thought Preston would be really scared of Elmo. He rarely goes up to any big characters we come in contact with. Surprisingly enough, he was the first to hug him! I guess the idea of a huge Elmo overpowers the fear of a big, furry creature roaming around a fast food restaurant. I would have to say his reaction was in the middle of Mollie and Elise's (as usual). He didn't want to really play a lot with him, but wasn't interested in a lot of affection either. He took his pictures with Elmo, gave him hugs, a few "high 5's" and he was done. But that is Preston....laid back and not high maintenance like his Daddy.

Overall we had a great time! I was so glad I took them. And they behaved beautifully! We didn't use highchairs this time. I was a little nervous about that since they had access to get up and go without my control. But they didn't. They sat down, ate their entire meal (boy, can they eat!). Mollie even waited on the other two to finish before running to see Elmo (she always finishes first...like her Mommy).


The best part of the evening was that Daddy met us there after work. I had kept it a surprise for the kiddos. So when they saw their beloved Daddy walk through the door of the play area, they squealed in delight! He received a more excited welcome than Elmo himself!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love love love all the stories and pics! I love me some trips!

Anonymous said...

I love it! I seriously just read this with Elmo sleeping next to me on the couch :-) such a fun age!

Love,

Bridget :)