Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Granny turns 90!

My paternal Grandmother turned 90 years old on November 3rd! So, to celebrate this wonderful milestone, Bronson and I packed up the kiddos and drove to Georgia to spend it with her. She completely amazes me! She still drives, grocery shops, cooks (we had a Southern-style, home cooked meal for us the evening we arrived...delicious!), and gives Dad enough grief to keep us entertained!!!
She was a great hostess for us all. It took the kids a little while to warm up to her, but they eventually did.
The day of Granny's birthday, we drove out to my Aunt Diane's and Uncle Bob's house. We had a wonderful time reuniting with all of our family (some we have never met) and enjoying one another's company. I loved hearing about what's going on in every one's life and how we can all relate with each other.
 It didn't take long for the kids to run around and feel right at home. They even enjoyed playing with their second cousin, Bailey (above). She was showing them "the ropes" around her grandparents' home.
 In the backyard, there's somewhat of a steep hill that rolls toward the house from a wooded area. The kids had a ball on that! Uncle Bob tore apart some cardboard boxes and off  they slid. It kept them entertained for hours!!! (Thank you, Uncle Bob!)
 
Although it was a long trip there and we didn't stay as long as I would have liked, I'm so glad we went. I had such a great time with my family that I have missed so much (especially you, Heather). We may be miles apart, but I think of you often. 
 
As for the triplets, they did amazing on the trip! We left Thursday night and made it to Georgia the following afternoon. They never complained, whined, or cried the entire time! They were definitely tired and I wished they would have taken a nap that Saturday (they desperately needed it!), but they were still great.
 
Thank you, Dad, for giving us the opportunity to go. Thank you, Granny, for your willingness to put up with all 5 of us. And thank you, Uncle Bob and Aunt Di for your awesome hospitality. I hope the time between won't be as long next time.

No comments: