Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving

Well, I'm finally getting caught up! I've decided to only update the blog and no longer update my Facebook page (unless it's posting the link to the blog). With the triplets getting older and becoming more active and me being given more contract work throughout the year, it's just easier to keep track of one social media. So, I have chosen the blog! (I know a lot of family that does not have Facebook accounts are happy!)

 This year, we celebrated two Thanksgivings! We decided to host Thanksgiving on Wednesday evening with my dad. It was the first time I cooked a turkey (ever) and I will have to admit, it was delicious!! (Thank you, Pinterest, for your tasty recipes).

 
The day started off with a bang! After the kids and I saw Bronson off to work, we hit the floor running! We were all nonstop cleaning. We had a few rough days the week before and didn't get any cleaning done, so it all had to be done that day (in addition to all the cooking!). But we had a wonderful time. The kids were amazing! I didn't require them to take a nap. Instead, they would run all over the house, dancing, singing and enjoying themselves. Dad arrived around 2 pm and stayed in the kitchen with me while I cooked. I loved every minute of it!

 I would dirty a dish; he would clean it! The kids would run in the kitchen; he would run after them! They squealed when he started after them and then run back for more.
 Dinner wasn't ready until 7 pm (there were several delays). But it all worked out. Bronson ended up having to work until 5 pm, so he didn't get home till a little after 6 pm.
 The kids ate really well. We topped it off with Paula Deen's banana pudding (ice cream for the kids). It wasn't long before the kids ended up going to sleep. They were exhausted! Dad, Bronson and I kicked back on the couch and watched a movie. Overall, I would say it was a success!
 Usually, we take turns on whose house we go to for Thanksgiving. Last year, it was my mom's place. So this year, it was my in-laws. We did Thanksgiving with a twist this year. Due to the overflow of out-of-town family coming over and the two recent deaths in our family, we decided to go out to eat.
 The kids were delighted that they got to choose exactly what they wanted to eat! They ate to their heart's content. They even got a little surprise at the end of their clean plates!
Aunt Courtney and Uncle Reed got them coloring packs (little books of their favorite characters, crayons and stickers) to keep them entertained while the adults finished their 2nd and 3rd plates. Thank you, Courtney and Reed, for always thinking of the kids (and Momma and Daddy, too). Once we were finished with our meal, we all headed back to Gamma and PawPaw's house to look over all of the Black Friday ads. The kids watched videos on their special little TV/VCR combo that is set up for them in the gameroom. We also had a plethera of finger foods! Cheeseball and crackers, vegetable tray, angel eggs, pizza dip....and let's not mention all the desserts! The Texans put on a GREAT game! We didn't miss much of the beginning and was able to watch a majority of it on PawPaw's big screen. As the evening was winding down, guests left to get ready to battle it out at the stores, the kids changed into their PJs, and the rest of us enjoyed each other's company. Again, another successful, heart-warming Thanksgiving.
 
There are so many things to be thankful for. It would take me days to list them all. One thing is for sure...we are so blessed. I couldn't have imagined my life being any different from what it is now; nor could I imagine it being any better. 

No comments: