Monday, September 29, 2008

20 Weeks and Counting.....



Family and Friends.....I have made it to 20 weeks and still not on bed rest!!! Woo-hoo! Typically 20 weeks is the time when a expectant mom-to-be of supertwins (3 or more babies) goes on bedrest. My high risk doctor said I shouldn't have to go out for another 4 to 6 weeks. He's extremely pleased. I'm doing very well. Better yet, the babies are doing wonderfully!! They are about 6 inches now and growing like crazy. I had my checkup this morning. I have now gained over 30 pounds!!!! I'm so excited! So far, I have followed just about everything the doctor has told me to do. I think I'm getting the hang of taking in my 3,000 to 4,000 calories a day. Seems like I'm eating all day long. I LOVE my protein shakes...and drinking TONS of water. I feel good. This weekend is when I had my first actual flutter. We think it's the boy. I know I will feel them move around a lot in the upcoming weeks. But again...not pushing it. I'm sure there will be a lot of that to come. Bronson is doing great as well. He's gearing up to be Daddy! He's also had to take on other roles already. Now that I'm "out of commission", he's been my caretaker more than he would care to admit. But he's doing a fantastic job. I'm grateful to have him by my side. I think he's finally getting used to the idea of having 3 kiddos on the way. He's going to be a great father!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I can't tell you enough how excited I am for you and Bronson. I can't think of two people that deserve to be parents more than the two of you. Glad to hear everything is going well.