Tuesday, September 16, 2008

After the Storm



I hope all of our family and friends in Houston and the surrounding areas are all okay from Hurricane Ike. Bronson and I stayed home. Lost power around 1:00 am Saturday morning and didn't get it turned back on until Monday night about 6:30 pm. We're fine. Had minimal damage to the roof (yes, ceiling is leaking a little bit) and a section of the back fence is down. Needless to say, we really got to know one another all over again!!! We've had a great time with our "Uno marathons" by candlelight. Okay...update on the babies. This morning was supposed to be another doctor's visit with my OB. Unfortunately due to the hurricane, he's out of commission. This Thursday I had another appointment with the high risk doctor, but again, they're out of power. We'll have to reschedule in the next week or so. As you can see from the above picture, I'm growing every week. This is my 18th week. Just think, I'll be twice this size by the time the little ones are born. I'm wondering where they will all fit! My abdomen is stretching every day. I have felt a couple of flutters, but nothing significant. I'm expecting to feel them this week or by the beginning of next week. We haven't registered yet....but will soon enough. This hurricane has really put a damper on everything. I praise God that we didn't experience anything life threatening or lose our belongings. Drop us a line if you have any questions or want to know anything we haven't written about yet. Until then......

No comments: