Tuesday, December 16, 2008

31 Weeks


I am now 31 weeks!! Yay! Yesterday was my regular weekly doctor's visit. Well...it turned out to be an all day event. They split my appointment into 2. I had the ultrasound at 10:00 am. Again, the biophysicals were done on all babies. The two girls passed with flying colors, but the boy did not want to cooperate and show us his "breathing". After an hour and a half (yes, that long on my back), Julie, the radiologist, had to give him a 0. He failed his first test! Bless his little heart. She said not to worry about it. If I was further along, then it would be cause for concern. But because I'm only 31 weeks, it's okay. He will have to do much better in 2 weeks. After that, mom and I went to eat. The second half of the appointment was at 1:45. For the second week in a row, my blood pressure was elevated. This time, it was 140/92. That's pretty high. Dr. G tested it again after I settled down a little bit. It went down to 137/89. He was a little concerned although I didn't have any protein in my urine (which would indicate preeclampsia). So....he sent me to the labor and delivery for further testing. They took several viles of blood; checked my blood pressure at least 4 times (3 times it was still elevated, one time it was normal: 116/65 - I was laying on my side at that point). After spending what felt like an eternity there, they finally released me. I do have to "collect" my urine for a 24 hour period. Sorry to be so specific...but it's the joy of being pregnant with multiples. I'm praying they find no protein and nothing else that would determine this is preeclampsia. If it is, then I will probably have to be admitted in the hospital until I deliver. I would not want that. I still have tons of stuff to do at home (not that it's more important than my or the babies' health). I would just rather take care of everything this week before anything happens so it won't be a burden on anyone else.
I hope everyone is having a Merry Christmas season so far. I apologize ahead of time for not sending our cards out or keeping in touch with a lot of you. For those that I have received cards from, thank you. It has brightened up my day. I appreciate it!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I am in complete AWE of you. I can't imagine being pregnant with one much less three. Good luck with your urine collection, hopefully everything comes out okay. Sending good thoughts your way.

Anonymous said...

Look at you! I can't tell you how much I appreciate you taking the time to keep this blog updated. I know everything is tough now. You're my hero for all that you're going through with a smile on your face. I love you, girl!