Thursday, December 11, 2008

Doctor Visit

Great news! Everything is going wonderfully! Dr. Rowe is so pleased with how I'm doing and how the babies are growing. Babies A and C are just about 4 pounds and Baby B is about 3. So, I have approximately 11 pounds of baby in me right now (and that's not including the placentas or amnio fluid). Crazy! I was hoping for at least 3 1/2 pounds on all. I was a little concerned that Baby B was only 3 pounds...but Dr. Rowe said she is right on schedule. He was ecstatic that the other two were almost 4. Either way....I'm happy. Mollie has her mamma's thighs. Poor girl! He did say she had a full head of hair (that's from her daddy). Looks like Elise doesn't have any hair.....just like me when I was born. It's neat to see how they're already taking after us. Our son likes to suck is two middle fingers and Mollie is sucking her thumb. I would really like for Elise to catch up on her weight gain. So, if you're wanting something to pray for, pray for that. It's important to me that they're all born well over 4 pounds. They have been practicing their breathing. And in the next couple of weeks, they will develop the ability to regulate their body temperature. Then we just need to make sure they can suck; and given that two of the babies were seen sucking their fingers or thumb, I'm hoping this is not too far off a goal for them to accomplish.

I'm okay with carrying them as long as God will allow me. There's no doubt that I have felt uncomfortable at times. But nothing bad enough for me to want them to be born too early. I would rather go through anything to make sure they have an advantage when they enter this world. I ask God for strength for another day, another week. I know this is nothing compared to what lies ahead of Bronson and I. This is the easy part. But God is faithful. He amazes me everyday. It's incredible what His creation (the human body) can do. I know after this, I will never be the same....inside and out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't know me and I hope you don't find it creepy but I have been following your blog after stumbling upon it and find you and your pregnancy completely amazing! I wish you all the best throughout the next weeks and hope that you are able to carry these precious babies to full term and that the delivery is an amazing success! I know God is on your side and that all will go well!!!

Unknown said...

Jennifer, Hi I am so excited that you are at week 30 and all is going well. Praise God! I hope you name your son Bronson Jr after his Daddy. It's a great strong name! I also like Mollie and Elise. :) Albert accidentally backed into my friends car that was parked in front of my house. Keep this in mind that if your Mom should have to use the street please tell her to put it in my driveway for safety! Any of your friends for that matter~! I have really been struggling with depression lately arg, but thats another story. I can't believe they will all be here in 5 to 6 weeks! Take care of yourself and let me know if there is any thing I can do. Hugs! Alicia