Thursday, December 18, 2008

YIKES!!! D-Day could be right around the corner (but let's hope not!)

Well.....I'm sure a lot of you would like to know the update on my "special" collection I had to give the doctor. I received a call yesterday from my doctor stating that in fact, there were elevated protein levels in my urine. Bummer! But the good news is that it's only a mild case of preeclampsia. Apparently, for mild cases, your level of protein would be anywhere from over 300 to 1999. Mine was 470. Not too bad. So, here's the plan. After he talked with my high risk doctor, they decided to give me a steroid shot yesterday and today (exactly 24 hours later). This will aide in the development of the babies' lungs in the event I will have to deliver early. Beginning on Sunday afternoon, I will then do another 24 hour urine collection (yay me!). If the levels have increased, coupled with an increasing blood pressure....there will be a possibility they will take the babies Monday or Tuesday. I'll be 32 weeks. Although the usual term for triplets is 32 weeks, I'm praying for longer. I've known 2 people in my life (very dear to my heart) that delivered triplets past 36 weeks and they were able to take their babies home with them. So, it is possible. I also know several women who delivered their triplets anywhere from 26 weeks and 32 weeks and their babies spent several weeks to several months in the NICU. My heart just aches for them. But God is good and their babies are healthy.

Either way, I have to believe I have done everything in my power to keep these babies in and healthy. I know in the beginning I didn't grasp what an awesome journey God was sending me on. It wasn't until one Wednesday night in August that it was revealed to me that anything I do directly affects these precious little ones. So, from that point on, it was my mission as a mother-to-be to begin my ministry.....Ministry of Motherhood. Like a fierce fighter, I have done exactly what was asked of me from eating well and eating a lot to resting and taking it easy. I had to give up a few things that I love for something far greater....but isn't that what motherhood is all about? It's a special title that I have longed for since I was little. And now God, in His endless mercy and grace has given it to me. Not for it to be all my own.....but for me to share it with others because I know....they are first His precious little ones before they're mine. And whatever is in the palm of His hands is what I accept. For He knows far better than I do what I can handle and what I can't. This is not only a lesson in love, but in hope and trust. I'm just so thankful that He's allowing me to experience it.

So, was I fearful at first of all the what-ifs? Of course. But then I realized that perfect love casts out all fear.

Before I end this post for today, I want to let everyone know, even the anonymous, that I appreciate all the comments and words of encouragement you're leaving. It has helped tremendously in lifting my spirits. It's great to know that I have people....even people who I don't know pulling for me. You are truly a blessing. I can only hope to return the favor one day.

3 comments:

The Sunderland's said...

You are going to be a GREAT mother!! I know it is all in God's hands. I will be praying for you and Bronson and your 3 precious babies!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,
Your everlasting faith is amazing to me girl! You are an inspiration to us all. We are praying for you and those precious babies. Keep up the great work! Love you! Gina

big h said...

hey sweet! just read your entire blog and want you to know i am incredibly proud of you! your pregnancy and attitude should be an inspiration to everyone. i think of you and the babies daily and look forward to hearing how it goes on monday. i really hope they can 'hang in there' for a couple more weeks. do what you are doing and take care! love ya! Heather (MGM)