Tuesday, December 30, 2008

GUESS WHAT???


Our little Preston is now off his IV!!!! I had been at the NICU all day today (duh!) and then came home when Bronson got off work. We ate dinner and then went back up there after the nurses shift change. When I walked in, I noticed right away. The line was gone! Praise God!!! Also, our little guy weighs more than his birth weight! How cool is that? He is now 3 lbs 9.7 oz. Wonderful! Mollie has been gaining as well. She's up to 4lbs 1 oz. Elise is now at 3 lbs 14 oz. So, they're all gaining weight which is one of the requirements for coming home. Oh...and one more thing....the girls are now roomies! They were both moved to the same incubator. When Preston is ready, they will all move to the same crib. I can't wait!

On Sunday, we were informed that Elise has a heart murmur. Later that afternoon, technicians came by to do an EKG on her. I got to hold her throughout the whole thing. She did so well. I was very proud of our dainty little girl. They also did an ultrasound on her heart yesterday. Today we were told she has PDA (Patent Ductus Arteriosis). Not a big deal. A lot of babies have this. It's a hole in the heart. It normally closes on it's own a week or two after birth. If it doesn't before her discharge date, then the neonatologist will refer us to a Pediatric Cardiologist for further review. We're not worried at all because our God is on His throne and He's not shaken by this. So....why should we be???

Once again, I am overwhelmed by God. He is so good. And it's not because of how the babies are doing or that He gave me the desire of my heart. It's because He is who He says He is. And He will do what He says He will do. And in the middle of all of this, He's showing His glory. There's a work going on in the NICU and the staff. I can't explain it. This is bigger than me. Bigger than the babies. It's about people's lives being changed for His glory. All I can say is that you never know how you will affect people; especially when you talk about Jesus. Doors are opened, hearts are healed, and hope is found.

7 comments:

Fabfav said...

WOW!! So excited for you!! Courtney called me today and gave me the good news... Hope to see all your little ones soon! God is amazing :) Jana

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and GOD Bless you and your family.

-Sylvia (MGM)

Anonymous said...

Jen and Bronson, I am so proud of you. What awesome parents you already are. There is so much joy and excitement ahead for you and you family and friends! God is good, all the time.

Anonymous said...

Love the picture! Such HEALTHY, BEAUTIFUL babies!!! A SUPER CUTE family you all do make! God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Jeremiah 29:11 says for I know the plans that I have for you plans for good and not evil for a future and a hpoe.That's amazing to see how God has shown out in your life the only thing I can think of is those that wait upon the lord period no more needs to be said.

4 Twin Boys and a Princess said...

Jennifer, Blessings to you and your immediate family! I am glad to read that you are taking care of yourself, too. Make sure you have help and get rest, cuz YOU have to be healthy! Your babies are just adorable, and I can tell that you guys are thrilled! See you at the meeting hopefully! Congratulations! Janell Callihan, WMOM member

Fish With Trish said...

My name is Trish. I go to church with Tom and Gina Dickerson. Congrats on the triplets! They are beautiful!