Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!


















New Year....new family!! We are so excited!! Last night we brought in the New Year with our lovely additions. It was so much fun (well, at least for Mommy it was!!). The girls wore their first little black dress and Preston looked so handsome in his little tuxedo. They were dressed for the party. Check out the "party zone" on their cribs. They were partying it up!!!

Well...no other news except they all have gained weight. Mollie is now 4 lbs 2oz (one oz from her birthweight). Elise is 3 lbs 15 oz (her exact birthweight) and Preston is now a whopping 3 lbs 10 oz. He's really putting on the weight now. The nurses did talk about putting them in an open crib (all three!!!) by this weekend. That's a step forward. Also, they may be feeding on momma and the bottle this weekend. I can't wait!!!So, we're making progress. Just another day closer till they come home.

By the way, I'm having a lot of people asking what they can do to help us. Right now, just prayers. Since they are being taken well care of in the NICU and my mom stays with us during the week to drive me to the hospital and cook, there's really nothing anyone else can do. However, when they come home....that's a different story. My mom and Bronson's mom will be spending a lot of time with us to take care of the babies. One thing they will not be doing is cooking and cleaning. I also have my sis-in-law and step mom coming to help as well (all alternating weeks). I'm working out something with Sonia at our church to set people up on bringing meals to us. On the weeekends when our moms go home, we may need a few people scattered throughout the day (both Saturday and Sunday) to help with washing clothes, loading the dishwasher, changing babies, feeding babies, etc. As soon as I find out what schedule we'll be on, I will send out a post and you can contact me and let me know when you would like to come.

Again, we are so thankful for each and everyone of you!!!

4 comments:

Cynthia Knape said...

Jennifer,

WOW! You did it! I have been keeping up with your journey through this blog. It was a great idea! I am so happy for you and Bronson! God takes care of his own!! Keep the faith and it will bring you through anything!

Talk to you soon!
Cynthia Knape

Anonymous said...

Loving the outfits! Absolutely adorable! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

What a phenomenal way to bring in the new year!! I love that the girls already have a little black dress and Preston has his tux! They are by far the best dressed babies in town.

Unknown said...

Where is the calendar? I am sure I can do something. I can also bring your baby shower gifts with me. Love ya! Jade