Monday, February 2, 2009

One Week Down, The Rest of My Life To Go!!!




Well...I'm sure most of you want to know how the first week went with triplets at home. It's interesting to say the least! We had our first doctor's appointment last Tuesday. They all did very well. Mollie is now 5 lbs 9 1/2 oz; Elise is 5 lbs, 5 oz; and Preston is 5 lbs, 6 oz. Big babies!! We have to start them on vitamins. They were just taking iron.


Bronson took off a week to be with us and both grandmas stayed for the fun. My mom ended up leaving on Wednesday to go home (I made her go). She hadn't been home in over 3 weeks. What a trooper! By Friday night, I fell really ill. I couldn't keep anything down and I was running a low grade fever. Not a good thing when you're a mother of triplets.
Then as if Elise was feeling my pain, she too didn't do so well. She started eating less and tiring out quickly just like she did in the NICU. It concerned me a lot. But we laid hands on her and called the God that gave her to us to heal her. He did. By Sunday morning, she was back to her old self. In fact, she was eating a lot more. God is so good and He is faithful.
My wonderful husband and his faithful mom hung in there for almost 48 hours doing all the feeding, burping, changing, etc. while I got some rest (still, not a lot as I was up most of the time being sick). While I'm on the subject, I need to let everyone know how awesome my mom and mother-in-law are. My mom has stayed with me since the second week of my bed rest. She has waited on me hand and foot. She has not only cooked, cleaned and ran errands for me, she also completed much needed projects that I was in the middle of doing when I got pregnant. She is simply amazing. She has stayed with me through thick and thin. She has protected me from tiring out and overdoing it. And that's a difficult job. She has been my chauffeur, my confidant and most of all, my best friend. I will never be able to pay her back for all she has done for me. But I know she will get her reward in heaven. She is a true servant of the Most High.
My mother-in-law has done so much for us. She has taken up the slack where we couldn't. She stayed with Elise in the NICU several nights into the wee hours to love her to health. Only a "Gamma" could do that. She took care of not only the babies this past weekend, but her son and daughter-in-law as well. The best thing is she did it all with grace that only God could provide. I know it's Him working through her. She has been staying with us since Elise and Preston has come home and not gone home yet. She is sacrificing time with her husband and 13 month old granddaughter to help us out. I know that is extremely selfless of her. She too is a true servant of the Most High.
I'm blessed beyond belief. Tears come to my eyes to think of all that everyone has done for us. Prayed for us. Supported us. I'm so overwhelmed by love. And in my most tiring moments (especially since the babies did not sleep during feedings at all today), I know that love conquers all. It is only love that is getting me through. It's not easy, but I am enjoying it (the ups as well as the downs).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look amazing and so do the babies. Why wouldn't you with all those wounderful gifts from God hanging all over you. I love that all three seem to be gazing up at their mother. Too cute. -Jesse W