Sunday, January 11, 2009

Answered Prayers

Well....the girls have now moved to 4 feedings a day!! And Preston, bless his little heart, is desperately trying to catch up. He's up to 2 feedings a day and doing wonderful. It wouldn't surprise me if they move him to 3 by tomorrow or Tuesday. Elise's results came back. Her PDA is still there. The duct has not gotten smaller like we had hoped. It's still the same size. A pediatric cardiologist will be stopping by Friday for a consultation. That would be awesome if he finds that it is closing up.

I finally have a routine now. For those who know me, if I don't have a schedule to follow, I go nuts! There's now consistency! I get to the NICU by 7:30 am. I nurse the girls at 8 (then pump). Preston is nursed at 11 (then I pump). Girls again at 2 (and you guessed it...I pump). And finally at 5, Preston again (then pump time). Between all of the nursing and pumping, I eat and rest. Please forgive me if I don't answer my phone as I don't interrupt any nursing time with the babies. Bronson gets there right after work at 5 for family time and then we go home during shift change. I spend 11 hours straight with the babies. As if I don't pump enough during the day...it continues all through the night. That's the reason for naps during the day. Call me crazy...but I believe it won't be this exhausting when they come home!! At least I won't have to travel back and forth every morning and evening.

Well, that's it for now. I will post more pictures later this week. They are looking huge!! Of course, they are just now beginning to fill out preemie sizes! Newborn outfits look huge on them!!

No comments: